This policy describes how we handle your personal information if you’re an account owner (‘user’) or simply a visitor at www.btagmedia.com (‘platform’), or when you click on a banner hosted by our platform.
The type of personal information we collect
The company (‘we’) collect certain personal information about anonymous visitors and registered users of our platform.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: user’s login, names, postal address, email address, IP addresses, other contact details, bank & payment details, and internal support messenger threads. We will also collect personal information from CVs and cover letters sent by candidates , notes taken during job interviews, collaborators’s photos.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, like for example when, as a registered Affiliate user, we need to identify you as owner of a website you want to apply to in our platform, when this cannot be done automatically.
We collect your IP’s device when, as an anonymous web user, you click on a advertiser’s banner hosted by our platform or a textual tracking link hosted by our platform.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete the registration form, when you enter your bank details once authenticated in your user account, when you send messages to an Affiliate Manager via our internal messenger feature or directly when you send us a communication via email or Skype.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- Operating the platform.
- Providing you with services described on the Terms & Conditions
- Verifying your identity when you sign up first and then sign in to our platform, with two typical examples:
- To identify a registered Affiliate user as the valid owner of the web site he/she wants to insert advertising material in, delivered by our platform.
- To be able to process the payment of Affiliates’ commissions.
- Responding to your queries submitted via an internal messenger or other external communication supports..
- Updating you with operational news and information about our services, basically through email Newsletters, in order to notify you about changes to our services, platform maintenance downtime, new marketing material offers (new campaigns available in your account etc.).
- Carrying out analysis to determine how to improve our services.
- Monitoring activity on the platform to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the Terms & Conditions.
- Processing your job application.
Finally we will use your personal information for purposes which are required by law, like the retention of payment invoices for accounting tracking and tax purposes, responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- The iGaming operators when it requires from us to know the URL of our affiliates in order to grant them access to their campaigns on the platform.
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations.
- Other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so (for the purposes of criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or to or defend our rights etc.)
How we keep your personal information secure
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers.
How you can access your personal information
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact our team using the email [email protected]
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
Where we have your consent to do so (typically if you have subscribed to our newsletters), we send you marketing communications by email about new offers (new campaign available on our platform) or changes in existing offers that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of the newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself or from your user account settings.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
How long we keep your personal information
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements, in such case we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our team using the email [email protected]
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests and where we have asked for your consent to process your data to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.